This week’s video version of the Tales from the jar side newsletter is now available!
Here’s the bullet-point summary, once again provided by the Glasp youtube-summary plugin (emphasis added):
- In the latest edition of “Tales from the Jar Side,” the focus was on analyzing meeting minutes using ChatGPT and Whisper, along with a hands-on coding segment about Apache POI for handling Microsoft Word documents in Java.
- The session also delved into using OpenAI’s GPT for transcribing and summarizing audio files. It highlighted some challenges and quirks, such as the API’s limitations on file size and took a coding approach to work around them.
- Apache POI was described as a robust open-source Java library for working with Microsoft Office documents. The project’s history and its evolution over time were discussed.
- A sidebar was dedicated to the 1984 cult classic film, “The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension.” The movie’s eccentric storyline and impressive ensemble cast were fondly recalled.
- The newsletter also touched on other miscellaneous topics, including social media updates and some insights into other popular media. A lighthearted attempt at humor through a joke about King Arthur’s knights was also included.
If you’d rather read than watch, the regular newsletter can be found here. The entire newsletter archive (nearly five years of weekly newsletters) is available for free at that location as well.
Come for the OpenAI API, stay for the pronunciation of “chat jippity”. 😜